KIDS Kindness in ACT. Pass it on!

This week in ACT we are focusing on intentional ACTS of kindness.   Not only are we sharpening our Kindness radar, but we are planning ACTS of kindness in our community.  Thanks to Claire and Julia Belke, whose award-winning essay regarding our phone-book recycling efforts won $1,000 from Disney FAMILY FUN MAGAZINE, we have money to fund our KINDNESS acts.

We are all excited to see what Kindness ACTS will occur this semester.  STAY TUNED!

We continue to collect phone books until mid-February.  All phone books collected will be made into cellulose insulation and donated to Habitat for Humanity.  Thanks NU-Wool!

About these ads

About Karen Pez Weaver

Teacher of amazing children, lover of adventure, believer in the power of ONE.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

26 Responses to KIDS Kindness in ACT. Pass it on!

1. brian duong says:

ACT has collected enough phone books to insulate 2 houses!!! :D

2. Mrs Sheila Klaassen says:

I am so excited to see what will happen with the KIDS KINDNESS in ACT. Be inspired. I hope everyone that you touch passes it on to another person and it keeps moving on in a ripple effect.
    Congratulations on your grant.

3. Elizabeth Tower says:

I’m really excited to do KIDS Kindness. I hope we make a difference and encourage other kids to show kindness to everyone. I’m also wonder were our coins will end up. MRS.WEAVER ROCKS!!!

4. Hannah says:

My act of KINDNESS is going to be baking for my neighbor because she is SO generous when she bakes!

5. Garett says:

Act jst plain rocks you’re awesome

6. Karen Evans says:

JPS ROCK and Mrs. Weaver is awesome!!!

7. Hannah says:

Hooray for Jenison ACT!!! I am so excited to be participating in Kids Kindness!!! I think it is a great way to show everyone participating how important kindness is in the world:)

8. Flying squirrels Flinging worm poop - RYAN says:

Mrs. Weaver, I’m so glad I am in ACT this year. It’s so amazing that we have almost 2,ooo Phone books. Isn’t it? My friends think it’s sweet. My sister wants to know how long you’ve been teaching
    ACT for?

• jenisonact says:

Ryan, I am so proud of you ACT Stars collecting all of those books! I see THREE cozy, warm houses filled with our phone-book insulation! This is my seventh year teaching ACT. I LOVE it and all of you amazing kids!

• Q.M.S--BLURTS A LOT! says:

ACT is the BEST! It is BRAINSTORMITIFIC!!!! A second home. It is like another family.
        It makes me feel like I am special. And it is AWWEESSOOOMEE!

9. Danika Austin says:

This is my frist year of ACT and I’m all ready in love with ACT. Kids kindness is a great way to show jenison that ACT cares about the people in jenison and every one else. ACT has amazing ideas in everthing.

10. Robe says:

Brian change that 2 3! Danika me 2 i compleatly agree!

11. Ash3 says:

Let’s try and get to 5 houses because I truly believe that ACT can be the change! Keep up the AlaCriTy! ( I upper cased the ACT in alacrity ) ;- )

12. Ash3, You make me proud! Go AlaCriTy!

13. Q.M.S.blurts-a-lot says:

ACT Rocks! I’ve been in ACT since 3rd grade. I like collecting phonebooks – the winner gets to have a party of their choice. I like Ashley, Rowen, and Nick’s ideas for Kid’s Kindness. I’m going to do a Kid’s Kindness, also. I’m going to help out after lunch and clean up the cafeteria or I’m going to give it to my second grade teacher Mrs. Miles, she was a good teacher, and she was the one who got me into ACT. Thank you for supporting ACT, and please leave a reply.

• QuInN-a.k.a.BadBoy says:

I think that’s a good idea!!!!!!!!

• Ferg says:

ACT ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. jake (less talk more stalk) says:

keep on sharing kindness act, it makes others feel special

15. Jake (less talk more stalk) says:

All act helped bring phone books and helped habitats for humanity. Act is the best, and we never give up. LONG LIVE ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. Matthew says:

ACT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. some random guy that happens to be in ACT named Derek says:

Wednesday am. class will win the phone book parte!:)